Table of Contents
- Welcome To MERTS Online Training
- System Requirements
- MERTS File Extensions
- Starting The MERTS Software
- Setting Up A Committee
- Basic Menu Functions
- Add,Modify,Delete Names
- Election Cycles
- Fund Raiser
- Entering Transactions
- All Transactions Tab
- Printing Reports
- Validating Reports
- Closing, Adding Treasurer and Uploading Reports
- Amending A Report
- Contact and Additional Information
- Download MERTS Software
The validation tab is a detailed report of possible errors, omissions or excess contributions in the selected report/campaign statement. A validation report can be run at any time and should be run before a report/campaign statement is closed so that all errors can be corrected prior to closing and uploading the report/campaign statement.
Note: When the validation report is run prior to closing the report, a fatal error will appear preventing the report from filing. The error will read: “CVR (Cover Page), Date Closed, Mandatory Field”.
To view and print a validation report, follow the steps below:
- Select an existing report in the Reports tab to be validated.
- To run a validation report select the Validate icon on the toolbar or select File and Validate.
- A new validation tab will appear and the validation report will be processed for the selected report/campaign statement.
- To print the validation report/campaign statement select Print under the File menu.
Fatal warnings will prevent a report/campaign statement from being accepted when filed. Fatal errors must be corrected before the report/campaign statement can be successfully uploaded. Please note if the validation report shows a fatal error indicating “CVR (Cover Page), Date Closed, Mandatory Field” the report/campaign statement is not yet closed and therefore will not upload. If the report/campaign statement is not ready to be filed please disregard this error.
Statutory warnings will not prevent the report/campaign statement from being filed but should be corrected to avoid the committee receiving a notice from the Bureau of Elections.