Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Software Download and Install
- MERTS Menu Functions
- Setting Up a Committee
- MERTS File Extension
- Add New or Modify Names
- Importing Names
- Exporting Names
- Add New or Modify Reports
- Importing Transactions
- Exporting Transactions
- Add New or Modify Election Cycle
- Add New or Modify Fund Raiser
- Add New or Modify Direct Contributions
- Add New or Modify Other Receipts
- Add New or Modify In-Kind Contributions
- Add New or Modify Campaigns
- Add New or Modify Direct Expenditures
Please leave double-percent markup in above line, it works around a traillist bug PITS#01119
- Add New or Modify GOTV Expenditures
- Add New or Modify In-Kind Expenditures
- Add New or Modify Independent Expenditures
- Add New or Modify Disbursements
- Add New or Modify Loans Owed BY the Committee
- Add New or Modify Debts Owed TO the Committee
- Add New or Modify Debts Owed BY the Committee
- Add New or Modify Payments to Debts or Loans
- Contribution and Expenditure Limits
- View and Print Campaign Report
- All Transactions Tab
- Run, View and Print Validation Report
- Closing, Adding Treasurer and Uploading Report
- Amending a Campaign Report
- Backing up and Restoring Files
The Importing Names feature allows a filer to import names and addresses into the MERTS Software. Importing Names does not allow transactions records (receipt and expenditure records) to be imported. To be imported, the names file must meet a designed file layout. Names can be imported into MERTS at any time and as often as needed. The file layout can be found in the MERTS Import Pack. The Import Pack can be downloaded from www.mertsplus.com located under the “Software Downloads”.
See Importing Transactions for information on importing transactions into the MERTS software.
- Select the type of Committee (Not applicable for Candidate and Ballot Question Committees) and proceed through the Committee setup wizard. If this an existing committee backup the file and skip to step 2.
Independent and Political (PAC) Selection:
Political Party Selection:
- Select ‘Import Names’ under the File menu.
- Select the ‘Name text file’ to be imported into MERTS.
- If duplicate names are on the import file, Verify the name records while importing to identify and eliminate duplicates. This process is completed by selecting one of the 5 options listed below for each record:
- Save So Far
- Insert as New
- Cancel All
- Reset All
- Identical Names are differentiated by address.
- Different Names with the same address are seen as separate records. A new name will automatically be loaded into the system.
- Select ‘Ok’ to complete importing steps.