Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Software Download and Install
- MERTS Menu Functions
- Setting Up a Committee
- MERTS File Extension
- Add New or Modify Names
- Importing Names
- Exporting Names
- Add New or Modify Reports
- Importing Transactions
- Exporting Transactions
- Add New or Modify Election Cycle
- Add New or Modify Fund Raiser
- Add New or Modify Direct Contributions
- Add New or Modify Other Receipts
- Add New or Modify In-Kind Contributions
- Add New or Modify Campaigns
- Add New or Modify Direct Expenditures
Please leave double-percent markup in above line, it works around a traillist bug PITS#01119
- Add New or Modify GOTV Expenditures
- Add New or Modify In-Kind Expenditures
- Add New or Modify Independent Expenditures
- Add New or Modify Disbursements
- Add New or Modify Loans Owed BY the Committee
- Add New or Modify Debts Owed TO the Committee
- Add New or Modify Debts Owed BY the Committee
- Add New or Modify Payments to Debts or Loans
- Contribution and Expenditure Limits
- View and Print Campaign Report
- All Transactions Tab
- Run, View and Print Validation Report
- Closing, Adding Treasurer and Uploading Report
- Amending a Campaign Report
- Backing up and Restoring Files
MERTS was designed to export receipt and expenditure transaction data such as name, date, dollar amount or descriptions for specific limited types of transactions. These transaction types that may be exported are:
- Direct Receipts – Schedule A
- Other Receipts – Schedule A1
- Direct Expenditures – Schedule B
This file is used to export name and address information in CSV (COMMA SEPARATED VALUE) format when creating a new committee file. This feature is also used to export names to another MERTS committee or another software product for use in making mailing labels or for other purposes.
Please Note: Prior to exporting any names, create a back up file of the committee records to guard against any possible problems that may arise during the export process.
- In order to export a file transactions, the committee file must first be open.
- Under the File menu select Export Transactions - a screen will appear to select the transaction type which should be exported.
- Select the ‘Browse’ button to create a file to export the transactions into.
- Select ‘Ok’ to proceed with the export of transactions.
- Select Save - The file will now be saved to the location selected (the software will save it as a text file)
The file containing the names list may now be imported to create another committee within the MERTS software or the names may also be imported to provide a names list when creating another type of committee in one of the other MERTS modules.