Table of Contents
- Welcome To MERTS Online Training
- System Requirements
- MERTS File Extensions
- Starting The MERTS Software
- Setting Up A Committee
- Basic Menu Functions
- Add,Modify,Delete Names
- Election Cycles
- Fund Raiser
- Entering Transactions
- All Transactions Tab
- Printing Reports
- Validating Reports
- Closing, Adding Treasurer and Uploading Reports
- Amending A Report
- Contact and Additional Information
- Download MERTS Software
New transactions such as contributions and expenditures are entered via the Summary Page & Data Entry tab. The Summary Page and Data Entry tab must be opened. The Summary Page and Data Entry tab can be opened after a report is highlighted in the Reports tab. The All Transactions tab is the only tab screen where transactions can be amended, modified, deleted or de-reported.
- Under the View menu select Summary Page & Data Entry.
- Double click the Add New to add a new transaction as seen below.
- Select the name from the drop down list. If a name record has not been created select the Add New Name button to prompt a new “Name Information” window to create the name record.
- Continue to add the date, amount and other requested information.
- Click the Fund Raising Event drop down to select the appropriate event if applicable.
- Select view PACs only to only display Independent and Political (PAC) committees in the name drop down list.
- Select Add New Name to add a new name record.
- Select Next to save entry and add new entries.
- Select Clone to save entry and retain the date, amount, description and fund raising event (if applicable) for the next entry.
- Select Ok to save the entry and close out of window.
- Select Cancel to close out of the window without saving the entry.
- For more information on filing Late Contribution Reports or other Immediate Disclosure Reports.
- To Modify an existing transaction open the All Transaction tab and locate the desired record. Select the Modify item icon on the toolbar or right click and choose Modify to make the necessary changes.
- To Delete an existing transaction open the All Transaction tab and locate the desired record. Select the Delete icon on the toolbar or right click and choose delete. Please note the transactions within a closed campaign statement cannot be deleted. Note: To remove a transaction from a previously filed report, select ‘De-Report’ to remove the the transaction from the amended campaign statement. The original transaction will continue to show in the ‘All Transactions’ tab as a shaded item.
For more detailed information on specific transactions select the appropriate transaction type listed below:
(Links will open in a new User Guide window)
- Add New or Modify Direct Contributions
- Add New or Modify Other Receipts
- Add New or Modify In-Kind Contributions
- Add New or Modify Campaigns
- Add New or Modify Direct Expenditures
- Add New or Modify GOTV Expenditures
- Add New or Modify In-Kind Expenditures
- Add New or Modify Independent Expenditures
- Add New or Modify Disbursements
- Add New or Modify Loans Owed BY the Committee
- Add New or Modify Debts Owed TO the Committee
- Add New or Modify Debts Owed BY the Committee
- Add New or Modify Payments to Debts or Loans