Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Software Download and Install
- MERTS Menu Functions
- Setting Up a Committee
- MERTS File Extension
- Add New or Modify Names
- Importing Names
- Exporting Names
- Add New or Modify Reports
- Importing Transactions
- Exporting Transactions
- Add New or Modify Election Cycle
- Add New or Modify Fund Raiser
- Add New or Modify Direct Contributions
- Add New or Modify Other Receipts
- Add New or Modify In-Kind Contributions
- Add New or Modify Campaigns
- Add New or Modify Direct Expenditures
Please leave double-percent markup in above line, it works around a traillist bug PITS#01119
- Add New or Modify GOTV Expenditures
- Add New or Modify In-Kind Expenditures
- Add New or Modify Independent Expenditures
- Add New or Modify Disbursements
- Add New or Modify Loans Owed BY the Committee
- Add New or Modify Debts Owed TO the Committee
- Add New or Modify Debts Owed BY the Committee
- Add New or Modify Payments to Debts or Loans
- Contribution and Expenditure Limits
- View and Print Campaign Report
- All Transactions Tab
- Run, View and Print Validation Report
- Closing, Adding Treasurer and Uploading Report
- Amending a Campaign Report
- Backing up and Restoring Files
Backing Up: Used to create a compressed (zip) backup file on disk that may be retrieved in the event that committee data is lost due to a power surge or hard drive problems.
A back up file should also be created prior to importing or exporting information to guard against any problems or data loss that could potentially occur when performing these functions.
- Open the committee file (also called dataset or DCf) that you wish to backup and insert an empty disk or other media to receive the backup file.
- Under File Menu select Backup.
- You will be presented with a Backup to screen to select the drive to which you will backup the selected file medium such as a disk or other media.
- Type the name of the committee file in the field for File Name.
- Select the Save button.
The MERTS will create a compressed (zipped) backup file to the drive that you selected and will present a window indicating when the backup is complete. When the user closes the window the software will prompt the user with a screen indicating if the backup was successful.
If the file exceeds the capacity of the disk, the software will request that an additional disk be inserted to complete the backup process.
Restoring File: This feature is used to restore a committee file that has saved using the Back Up feature. This will only work if the committee file (dataset) that you wish to restore is not currently open.
- Insert the backup disk.
- Under File Menu select Restore.
- You will be presented with a Restore from screen to select the name and location of the backup file (zipfile).
- Highlight the desired backup file.
- Select the Open button.
- You will then be presented with a Restore to screen.
- Select the appropriate directory to save the file to and select the Save button.
- Type the name of the file into the field for file name.
- Select the Save button.
MERTS will open the compressed (zipped) file