Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Software Download and Install
- MERTS Menu Functions
- Setting Up a Committee
- MERTS File Extension
- Add New or Modify Names
- Importing Names
- Exporting Names
- Add New or Modify Reports
- Importing Transactions
- Exporting Transactions
- Add New or Modify Election Cycle
- Add New or Modify Fund Raiser
- Add New or Modify Direct Contributions
- Add New or Modify Other Receipts
- Add New or Modify In-Kind Contributions
- Add New or Modify Campaigns
- Add New or Modify Direct Expenditures
Please leave double-percent markup in above line, it works around a traillist bug PITS#01119
- Add New or Modify GOTV Expenditures
- Add New or Modify In-Kind Expenditures
- Add New or Modify Independent Expenditures
- Add New or Modify Disbursements
- Add New or Modify Loans Owed BY the Committee
- Add New or Modify Debts Owed TO the Committee
- Add New or Modify Debts Owed BY the Committee
- Add New or Modify Payments to Debts or Loans
- Contribution and Expenditure Limits
- View and Print Campaign Report
- All Transactions Tab
- Run, View and Print Validation Report
- Closing, Adding Treasurer and Uploading Report
- Amending a Campaign Report
- Backing up and Restoring Files
To enter a Get-Out-The-Vote Expenditure a campaign statement must first be created. Once a campaign statement is created and selected from the Reports tab, the Summary Page & Data Entry screen will become activated as shown below:
- Under the View menu select the Summary Page & Data Entry option.
- Double click the Add New on Get-Out-The-Vote as seen below to add a new transaction.
- Select the name from the drop down list. If a name record has not been created select the Add New Name button to prompt a new “Name Information” window to create the name record.
- Add the date, amount and description of the expenditure.
- If the expenditure was spent for a fund raising event held by your committee click the Fund Raising Event drop down to select the appropriate event.
- Select Type and if applicable select Vendor.
- Once an expense is reported to a Candidate Committee or Ballot Proposal their Campaign information is also required.
- Select the correct Campaign from the drop down list.
Independent and Political (PAC) and Political Party
For help creating a Campaign see Add New or Modify Campaigns for further instructions.
- Select view PACs only to only display Independent and Political (PAC) committees in the name drop down list.
- Select Add New Name to add a new name record.
- Select Next to save entry and add new entries.
- Select Clone to save entry and retain the date, amount, description and fund raising event (if applicable) for the next entry.
- Select Ok to save the entry and close out of the transaction information window.
- Select Cancel to close out of the transaction information window.
- To Modify an existing transaction open the All Transaction tab and locate the desired record. Right click and choose modify to make the necessary changes.
- To Delete an existing transaction open the All Transaction tab and locate the desired record. Right click and choose delete. Please note the transactions within a closed report/campaign statement cannot be deleted. To remove a transaction from a previously filed report, select ‘De-Report’ to remove the the transaction from the amended report/campaign statement. The original transaction will continue to show in the ‘All Transactions’ tab as a shaded item.