Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Software Download and Install
- MERTS Menu Functions
- Setting Up a Committee
- MERTS File Extension
- Add New or Modify Names
- Importing Names
- Exporting Names
- Add New or Modify Reports
- Importing Transactions
- Exporting Transactions
- Add New or Modify Election Cycle
- Add New or Modify Fund Raiser
- Add New or Modify Direct Contributions
- Add New or Modify Other Receipts
- Add New or Modify In-Kind Contributions
- Add New or Modify Campaigns
- Add New or Modify Direct Expenditures
Please leave double-percent markup in above line, it works around a traillist bug PITS#01119
- Add New or Modify GOTV Expenditures
- Add New or Modify In-Kind Expenditures
- Add New or Modify Independent Expenditures
- Add New or Modify Disbursements
- Add New or Modify Loans Owed BY the Committee
- Add New or Modify Debts Owed TO the Committee
- Add New or Modify Debts Owed BY the Committee
- Add New or Modify Payments to Debts or Loans
- Contribution and Expenditure Limits
- View and Print Campaign Report
- All Transactions Tab
- Run, View and Print Validation Report
- Closing, Adding Treasurer and Uploading Report
- Amending a Campaign Report
- Backing up and Restoring Files
Note: To calculate the cumulative of transactions, the proper election cycle must be selected within a report.
For the proper election cycle dates follow the link “Get Election Cycle Dates here”. Please follow the steps below to create a new election cycle:
- Select View and Election Cycles.
- Select the Add New Item icon on the toolbar or right click and select New to open the election cycle.
- Enter the requested information. Election cycle dates will calculate based on the Election Year and Office Sought selected. Name the election cycle entered. For example, a 2 year cycle for the November General election in 2010 would be 11/10 2YR.
- Select Ok.
Ballot Question Committe Module
Independent and Political (PAC) and Political Party Module
- Select Ok to save the entry and close out of the election cycle information window.
- Select Cancel to close out of the election cycle information window without saving new entry.
- To Modify an election cycle record right click on the record and choose modify as shown below.
- To Delete an existing record right click and choose delete. Please note if the election cycle is associated with a report the system will not allow this record to be deleted.