Table of Contents
- Welcome To MERTS Online Training
- System Requirements
- MERTS File Extensions
- Starting The MERTS Software
- Setting Up A Committee
- Basic Menu Functions
- Add,Modify,Delete Names
- Election Cycles
- Fund Raiser
- Entering Transactions
- All Transactions Tab
- Printing Reports
- Validating Reports
- Closing, Adding Treasurer and Uploading Reports
- Amending A Report
- Contact and Additional Information
- Download MERTS Software
- Creating a report/campaign statement;
- Creating an amendment to a report or campaign statement;
- Closing a report/campaign statement so it can be uploaded to the Bureau of Elections and
- Activating the Summary Page & Data Entry tab so transactions can be entered. (A report/campaign statement must be selected from the Reports tab for the Summary Page & Data Entry tab to populate; otherwise the tab will not appear.)
Each report/campaign statement covers a specific period of time. This represents the coverage dates of the report/campaign statement and is entered into the Reports Information screen. Other report/campaign statement specific information is entered in the Reports Information screen such as the type of report/campaign statement to be filed.
Note: Committees must select the correct election cycle for the software to calculate cumulative totals properly.
- Under the View menu select the Reports tab.
- Select the Add New item icon on the toolbar or Right click within the tab and select New to activate the report information screen.
- Complete all applicable information according to the committee type as shown in the selection of tabs below:
Ballot Question Committee
Independent & Political (PAC) Committee
Political Party Reports Window
- Select Ok to save the entry and close the window.
- Select Cancel to close the window without saving the entry.
- To Modify select an existing report and right click to select modify.
- To Delete select an existing report and right click to select delete. Please note closed reports cannot be deleted.