Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Software Download and Install
- MERTS Menu Functions
- Setting Up a Committee
- MERTS File Extension
- Add New or Modify Names
- Importing Names
- Exporting Names
- Add New or Modify Reports
- Importing Transactions
- Exporting Transactions
- Add New or Modify Election Cycle
- Add New or Modify Fund Raiser
- Add New or Modify Direct Contributions
- Add New or Modify Other Receipts
- Add New or Modify In-Kind Contributions
- Add New or Modify Campaigns
- Add New or Modify Direct Expenditures
Please leave double-percent markup in above line, it works around a traillist bug PITS#01119
- Add New or Modify GOTV Expenditures
- Add New or Modify In-Kind Expenditures
- Add New or Modify Independent Expenditures
- Add New or Modify Disbursements
- Add New or Modify Loans Owed BY the Committee
- Add New or Modify Debts Owed TO the Committee
- Add New or Modify Debts Owed BY the Committee
- Add New or Modify Payments to Debts or Loans
- Contribution and Expenditure Limits
- View and Print Campaign Report
- All Transactions Tab
- Run, View and Print Validation Report
- Closing, Adding Treasurer and Uploading Report
- Amending a Campaign Report
- Backing up and Restoring Files
If an individual gave money toward the organization, the amount the individual gave, the date the organization received the individual’s donation, and the individual’s name and address must be recorded and reported as a “memo itemization.” To create a memo itemization watch the video and follow the steps shown below:
MERTS Step-by-Step for Memo Itemizations Video
- Open the All Transactions tab to locate the contribution.
- Right click the appropriate contribution and choose Memo Subitem… as shown below:
- This will prompt a new Transaction information – Contribution window.
- Select the name from the drop down list. Continue to add the name, date, amount and description of the contribution received. If a name record has not been created select the Add New Name button to prompt a new “Name Information” window to create the name record.
- If the contribution was associated with a fund raising event held by your committee click the Fund Raising Event drop down to select the appropriate event.
- Select view PACs only to only display Independent and Political (PAC) committees in the name drop down list.
- Select Add New Name to add a new name record.
- Select Next to save entry and add new entries.
- Select Clone to save entry and retain the date, amount, description and fund raising event (if applicable) for the next entry.
- Select Ok to save the entry and close out of the transaction information window without saving the entry.
- Select Cancel to close out of the transaction information window.
- To Modify an existing transaction open the All Transaction tab and locate the desired record. Right click and choose modify to make the necessary changes.
- To Delete an existing transaction open the All Transaction tab and locate the desired record. Right click and choose delete. Please note the transactions within a closed campaign statement cannot be deleted. To remove a transaction from a previously filed report, select ‘De-Report’ to remove the the transaction from the amended campaign statement. The original transaction will continue to show in the ‘All Transactions’ tab as a shaded item.