Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Software Download and Install
- MERTS Menu Functions
- Setting Up a Committee
- MERTS File Extension
- Add New or Modify Names
- Importing Names
- Exporting Names
- Add New or Modify Reports
- Importing Transactions
- Exporting Transactions
- Add New or Modify Election Cycle
- Add New or Modify Fund Raiser
- Add New or Modify Direct Contributions
- Add New or Modify Other Receipts
- Add New or Modify In-Kind Contributions
- Add New or Modify Direct Expenditures
Please leave double-percent markup in above line, it works around a traillist bug PITS#01119
- Add New or Modify GOTV Expenditures
- Add New or Modify In Kind Expenditures
- Incidental Office Expenses (Disbursements)
- Direct and In-Kind Loans Owed BY the Committee
- Expected Refunds and Rebates Owed To the Committee
- Outstanding Invoices Owed BY the Committee
- Add New or Modify Payments to Debts or Loans
- Contribution Limits
- View and Print Campaign Report
- All Transactions Tab
- Run, View and Print Validation Report
- Closing, Adding Treasurer and Uploading Report
- Amending a Campaign Report
- Backing up and Restoring Files
Need help determining what type of transaction to enter?
- Open a new data entry.
- Delete the selected object.
- Navigate to the first entry of the window.
- Navigate to the last entry of the window.
- Scroll through the active window.
- Open the “Modify” window.
Menu Options located at the top of the screen.
- Create a new committee (.DCF) file.
- Open an existing committee (.DCF) file.
- Close a file.
- Save the file.
- Save the file.
- Import direct receipts, other receipts and direct expenditures into the committee file (.DCF).
- Import names and addresses to create a new committee file or into an existing committee file.
- Export names and addresses to create a another file to another software product.
- Export direct receipts, other receipts and direct expenditures to another file or software product.
- Backup the file.
- Check for possible errors. This feature runs automatically when a report is uploaded.
- Print or view a report.
- Electronically file the report.
- Open a new entry screen in an active window.
- Modify an existing transaction.
- Delete an existing transaction.
- Clone a transaction to retain date, amount, description and fundraising event (if applicable)for the next entry.
- Close report/campaign statement.
- Unclose a report. (Note: A password is required by the Merts Tech Support to Unclose a report)
- Create an amended report or amend a transaction.
- De-report a transaction within an amended report.
- New Fundraiser….
- View expenditure limits chart. (Independent/Political PAC and Political Party Modules Only)
- Itemize all expenditures entered regardless of the amount.
- Prompts the filer to save every 15 minutes.
- Open the Names tab.
- Open the Election Cycles tab.
- Open the Campaign tab. (not applicable in the Candidate software)
- Open the Reports tab.
- Open the All Transactions tab.
- Open the Summary Page tab.
- Open all tab (not applicable in the Candidate software).
- Open the Sort active tab.
- Link to the MERTS web site.
- Find Version of MERTS currently loaded on the computer.
Tool Bar Icons
- Open a committee file.
- Save the file.
- View or print the report.
- Run the validation report to check for errors.
- File report electronically or by disk.
- Open a new entry window.
- Create a new entry fundraising event.
- Modify a transaction.
- Delete a transaction.
- Go To e-IDR for more information on Immediate Disclosure Reports.
- Enter Transactions.
- Link to MERTS website.
- Link to MERTS videos.
- Link to the MERTS Contact Support.