MERTS now provides a Transaction Guide to help guide you through to determine the transaction type to fit your committee’s needs. Examples of incoming committee receipts are; contributions of money, good and services donated and refunds or rebates received by the committee.
First select the appropriate report from the Reports Tab.
Select the Transaction Guide icon from the toolbar.
Select the Incoming Committee Receipts icon.
The guide will ask you a series of questions to determine what type of transaction you would like to enter.
The first question will be: Is this contribution a Loan to the committee that will be paid back?
The committee can accept loans of money or goods and services from contributors including the candidate.
Answer Yes if the contributor expects to be paid back, or No if the contributor does not expect to be paid back.
Select No to add a direct contribution.
The next question will be; Is this a PAC contribution? You would only answer yes if the contributor is a Political Action Committee.
Select No to continue.
The next screen allows you to enter the transaction details.
The following question will ask if the contribution was received at a Fundraiser help by your committee.
Select No if not received at a Fundraiser.
Next you will be asked if this a contribution of goods or services? In-kind contributions are goods and services contributed to your committee.
Select No to continue.
The next question will ask if you would like to create a Direct Contribution. Select No if you would like to create an Other Receipt. You would enter an Other Receipt if you are recording bank interest earned, refunds or rebates. To continue with entering a direct contribution select Yes.
Confirm by selecting Yes one more time to enter a Direct Contribution. In the future you can skip the series of questions by selecting Direct Expenditure from the main Transaction Guide screen.
Once all required fields have been entered, the following options will become available:
- Select Next to save entry and add new entries.
- Select Clone to save entry and retain the date, amount, description and fundraising event (if applicable) for the next entry.
- Select Ok to save the entry and close out of the transaction information window without saving the entry.
- Select Cancel to close out of the transaction information window.
- Select Incoming Committee Receipts to save entry and select another type of incoming receipt.
- Select Outgoing Committee Receipts to save entry and select another type of outgoing receipt.