Table of Contents
- Welcome To MERTS Online Training
- System Requirements
- MERTS File Extensions
- Starting The MERTS Software
- Setting Up A Committee
- Basic Menu Functions
- Add,Modify,Delete Names
- Election Cycles
- Fund Raiser
- Entering Transactions
- All Transactions Tab
- Printing Reports
- Validating Reports
- Closing, Adding Treasurer and Uploading Reports
- Amending A Report
- Contact and Additional Information
- Download MERTS Software
New transactions such as contributions and expenditures are entered via the Transaction Guide icon. The Transaction Guide icon can be opened after an open report is highlighted in the Reports tab. The All Transactions tab is the only tab screen where transactions can be amended, modified, deleted or de-reported.
- Select the Transaction Guide icon from the toolbar.
- Select the transaction type or select Incoming Committee Receipts or Outgoing Committee Receipts for assistance with entering a transaction type.
- Select the name from the drop down list. If a name record has not been created select the Add Name button to prompt a new “Name Information” window to create the name record.
- Continue to enter the date, amount and other requested information.
- Click the Fund Raising Event drop down to select the appropriate event if it applies. If the fund raiser is not listed click ‘Add Fund Raiser’ to create the new event.
- Select Filter Names to only display Independent and Political (PAC) committees or Financial Institutions in the name drop down list.
- Select Add Name to add a new name record.
- Select Next to save entry and add new entries.
- Select Clone to save entry and retain the date, amount, description and fund raising event (if applicable) for the next entry.
- Select Ok to save the entry and close out of the transaction information window without saving the entry.
- Select Cancel to close out of the transaction information window.
- For more information on filing Late Contribution Reports or other Immediate Disclosure Reports.
- To Modify an existing transaction open the All Transaction tab and locate the desired record. Right click and choose modify to make the necessary changes.
- To Delete an existing transaction open the All Transaction tab and locate the desired record. Right click and choose delete. Please note the transactions within a closed campaign statement cannot be deleted. To remove a transaction from a previously filed report, select ‘De-Report’ to remove the the transaction from the amended campaign statement. The original transaction will continue to show in the ‘All Transactions’ tab as a shaded item.
- Select Incoming Committee Receipts to save entry and select another type of incoming receipt.
- Select Outgoing Committee Receipts to save entry and select another type of outgoing receipt.
For more detailed information on specific transactions select the appropriate transaction type listed below:
(Links will open in a new User Guide window)
- Add New or Modify Direct Contributions
- Add New or Modify Other Receipts
- Add New or Modify In-Kind Contributions
- Add New or Modify Direct Expenditures
- Add New or Modify GOTV Expenditures
- Add New or Modify In Kind Expenditures
- Add New or Modify Disbursements
- Add New or Modify Direct and In-Kind Loans Owed BY the Committee
- Add New or Modify Expected Refunds and Rebates
- Add New or Modify Outstanding Invoices Owed BY the Committee
- Add New or Modify Payments to Debts or Loans