Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Software Download and Install
- MERTS Menu Functions
- Setting Up a Committee
- MERTS File Extension
- Add New or Modify Names
- Importing Names
- Exporting Names
- Add New or Modify Reports
- Importing Transactions
- Exporting Transactions
- Add New or Modify Election Cycle
- Add New or Modify Fund Raiser
- Add New or Modify Direct Contributions
- Add New or Modify Other Receipts
- Add New or Modify In-Kind Contributions
- Add New or Modify Direct Expenditures
Please leave double-percent markup in above line, it works around a traillist bug PITS#01119
- Add New or Modify GOTV Expenditures
- Add New or Modify In Kind Expenditures
- Incidental Office Expenses (Disbursements)
- Direct and In-Kind Loans Owed BY the Committee
- Expected Refunds and Rebates Owed To the Committee
- Outstanding Invoices Owed BY the Committee
- Add New or Modify Payments to Debts or Loans
- Contribution Limits
- View and Print Campaign Report
- All Transactions Tab
- Run, View and Print Validation Report
- Closing, Adding Treasurer and Uploading Report
- Amending a Campaign Report
- Backing up and Restoring Files
Need help determining what type of transaction to enter?
A back up file should also be created prior to importing or exporting information to guard against any problems or data loss that could potentially occur when performing these functions.
- Open the committee file (also called dataset or DCf) that you wish to backup and insert an empty disk or other media to receive the backup file.
- Under File Menu select Backup.
- You will be presented with a Backup to screen to select the drive to which you will backup the selected file medium such as a disk or other media.
- Type the name of the committee file in the field for File Name.
- Select the Save button.
MERTS will create a compressed (zipped) backup file to the drive that you selected and will present a window indicating when the backup is complete. When the user closes the window the software will prompt the user with a screen indicating if the backup was successful.
If the file exceeds the capacity of the disk, the software will request that an additional disk be inserted to complete the backup process.
Restoring File: This feature is used to restore a committee file that has saved using the Back Up feature. This will only work if the committee file (dataset) that you wish to restore is not currently open.
- Insert the backup disk.
- Open the zip folder and save the file to the designated directory.
- Highlight the desired backup file.
- Open the MERTS software.
- Select the Open Existing Committee File option.
- Select the appropriate directory to open the file.
- Select open.