Table of Contents
- Welcome To MERTS Online Training
- System Requirements
- MERTS File Extensions
- Starting The MERTS Software
- Setting Up A Committee
- Basic Menu Functions
- Add,Modify,Delete Names
- Election Cycles
- Fund Raiser
- Entering Transactions
- All Transactions Tab
- Printing Reports
- Validating Reports
- Closing, Adding Treasurer and Uploading Reports
- Amending A Report
- Contact and Additional Information
- Download MERTS Software
Election cycles are used by the software to determine the cumulatives as required by statute.
Note: To calculate the cumulative of transactions, the proper election cycle must be selected within a report.
For the proper election cycle dates follow the link ‘Get Election Cycle Dates here’. Please follow the steps below to create a new election cycle:
- Select View and Election Cycles.
- Select the New Item icon on the toolbar or right click and select New to open the election cycle.
- Enter the requested information. Election cycle dates will calculate based on the Election Year and Office Sought selected. Name the election cycle entered. For example, a 2 year cycle for the November General election in 2014 would be 11/14 2YR.
- Select Ok to save the entry and close out of the election cycle information window.
- Select Cancel to close out of the election cycle information window without saving new entry.
- To Modify an election cycle record right click on the record and choose modify as shown below.
- To Delete an existing record right click and choose delete. Please note if the election cycle is associated with a report the system will not allow this record to be deleted.