Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Software Download and Install
- MERTS Menu Functions
- Setting Up a Committee
- MERTS File Extension
- Add New or Modify Names
- Importing Names
- Exporting Names
- Add New or Modify Reports
- Importing Transactions
- Exporting Transactions
- Add New or Modify Election Cycle
- Add New or Modify Fund Raiser
- Add New or Modify Direct Contributions
- Add New or Modify Other Receipts
- Add New or Modify In-Kind Contributions
- Add New or Modify Direct Expenditures
Please leave double-percent markup in above line, it works around a traillist bug PITS#01119
- Add New or Modify GOTV Expenditures
- Add New or Modify In Kind Expenditures
- Incidental Office Expenses (Disbursements)
- Direct and In-Kind Loans Owed BY the Committee
- Expected Refunds and Rebates Owed To the Committee
- Outstanding Invoices Owed BY the Committee
- Add New or Modify Payments to Debts or Loans
- Contribution Limits
- View and Print Campaign Report
- All Transactions Tab
- Run, View and Print Validation Report
- Closing, Adding Treasurer and Uploading Report
- Amending a Campaign Report
- Backing up and Restoring Files
Need help determining what type of transaction to enter?
To enter an in-kind expenditure of money from an individual, PAC or other groups a report/campaign statement must first be created.
- Select the Add New Transaction icon on the toolbar.
- Select In Kind Expenditures from the Expenditures/Debts section.
- Select the name from the drop down list. If a name record has not been created select the Add Name button to prompt a new “Name Information” window to create the name record.
- Continue to add the date, amount and description of the expenditure made.
- If the expenditure was associated with a fund raising event held by your committee click the Fund Raising Event drop down to select the appropriate event.
- Select Filter Names to only display Independent and Political (PAC) committees or Financial Institutions in the name drop down list.
- Select Add Name to add a new name record.
- Select Next to save entry and add new entries.
- Select Clone to save entry and retain the date, amount, description and fund raising event (if applicable) for the next entry.
- Select Ok to save the entry and close out of the transaction information window.
- Select Cancel to close out of the transaction information window without saving the entry.
- For more information on filing Late Contribution Reports or other Immediate Disclosure Reports.
- To Modify an existing transaction open the All Transaction tab and locate the desired record. Right click and choose modify to make the necessary changes.
- To Delete an existing transaction open the All Transaction tab and locate the desired record. Right click and choose delete. Please note the transactions within a closed campaign statement cannot be deleted. To remove a transaction from a previously filed report, select ‘De-Report’ to remove the transaction from the amended campaign statement. The original transaction will continue to show in the ‘All Transactions’ tab as a shaded item.
- Select Incoming Committee Receipts to save entry and select another type of incoming receipt.
- Select Outgoing Committee Receipts to save entry and select another type of outgoing receipt.